Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tick Tock Timer

time does not come with a label.

time flows around. it passes by. it comes, and it goes. but it does not carry any label. every single moment is identical. there are no names. no identification. no constraints. no limits. no fences and boundaries. no demarcations or differentials. its boundless and endless. and it contains but will not be contained.

its we who break it into pieces. early times are relatively free, but as the flow passes by, we try to demarcate it more and more. we will not eat lollipops, because we are grown ups. we will not break windows, because we are grown ups. we will not speak our minds, because we are grown ups. we will not cry freely, because we are grown ups. we will not laugh heartily, because we are grown ups. what the hell!!!

when the time came, it did not come with its do's and don'ts. what should guide us in doing or not doing, i believe, is our own body. at the age of 60, if i am healthy enough, why cant i play hide and seek? if i have broken my jaw, that will definitely dictate my laughing and crying. but why should we bind the time in this?

then there is time for lunch and for dinner. time to go out and come in. time to talk and to keep quite. why? again, if i live as i am intended to live, my body will guide me rightly, what has time got to do with dining and lunching? my body will be more healthy if i follow what my body tells me, rather than trying to synchronise it with my enforced territories of time which do not even exist.

again, if i live as i am intended to live, my heart will guide me rightly, and my brain, and not time, in expressing myself. what has time got to do with expressions? its impartial and impersonal. it levels everything, big and small. it measures all as just the same. its perfectly expressionless, identical in each moment.

timer is ticking. by the time we realise what we have wasted, we will have lost all the precious moments.

time has always been free. all it expects is for us to have it to its fullest. it does not come with a label.

let me not restrict myself to the dogmas and the limits. let me flow along with the Great Flow, and i will know contentment.

2 comments:

Swasti Jain said...

There is a time and for everything..... Time will tell u that itself... in its own time.

Yaajushi said...

yes, there is a time for everything. things shud be done at right time. i did not mean to say get up and do whatever whenever.

i was wondering abt the boundaries we have imposed on time. its not abt 'right time'. its abt the irrational constraints that we try to bound time with.

i am bad at explaining so will not try to. if i am wrong, yes, time will tell me.... in its own time :)