Saturday, March 13, 2010

Drops and Rain

it starts drizzling outside. the child runs out to see the beautiful fresh rains. she goes out, rain falling over her, to catch a few drops. she closes her fist but drops will not remain. she frowns. it doesnt take her more than a few seconds to realise that drops will not be trapped into her fist. she smiles again, stretches her arms, and merry-go-rounds herself, taking not a few drops but all the rain, absorbing it, feeling it, and then letting it slide down. face up, looking at the clouds and the sky and the rainbow, she dances with the joy of the moment.

let me enjoy life like the rain falling all over me. if i try to catch the moments, i will only be miserable. the whole of life is drizzling beautifully all around me, its madness to worry about catching a few moments. i will frown, for time will not be trapped. let me open my eyes, look at the sky, stretch out my wings and feel the air. life will not wait for me. if i close my eyes now, clouds are not going to go away, rainbows are not going to stay. let me take in, absorb, feel, whatever life has for me. and then let it go. it will not do to try and catch anything.

let me live my life like the child, and then will i have lived.

No comments: